Getting into NDA is quite a year-long process. Applicants who have completed their 10+2 in any branch (Commerce / Science, Arts) and want to make their career in the Armed Forces, can find complete information about the procedure and guidelines about how to join NDA after 10+2 or intermediate.
National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of Indian Armed Force where trainees of the three services viz. Army, Navy and Air Force are taught mutually, before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies.
To join National Defence Academy a candidate must appear in the entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi, twice a year. The Union Public Service Commission is solely responsible for issuing guidelines for selection and the final conduct of the entrance examination.
For the aspirants who have completed intermediate, NDA is considered as one of the most remunerative options in education. Candidates can enhance their career by choosing NDA as a Career. Candidates who want to join National Defence Academy need to crack the entrance examination first. Candidates will have to choose their preference for the two academies that is NDA and Naval Academy (Executive Branch).
If aspirants choose NDA, then he has to give preferences for the three services of NDA like Army, Navy, Air force, followed by his preference for Naval Academy.
Before applying for NDA, aspirants should know the eligibility criteria as follows:-
- Candidate’s age must be 16.5 to 19 years.
- Minimum height of candidates is 157cm.
- Candidates must have Indian citizen.
- Candidates must be an unmarried man.
- Candidates must have minimum 12th passed from any recognized Board.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Examination and Physical Test.
- Applicants should be mentally and physically fit.
Procedure / Guidelines to Join NDA
- You have to go through the written entrance exam of NDA (National Defence Academy).
- This exam is one of the Indian Defence Service exams and this exam is conducted by UPSC two times every year.
- This examination is conducted in these 3 wings, the wings are following: Army wing, Naval wing, Air Force wing.
- You have to complete Intermediate examination with Physics & Maths but if you are from arts stream, you have to choose between army wing at the time of filling up application form.
- The NDA exam notification will be published in last week of December. So you will have to check it online time to time.
- After cracking UPSC NDA written test, you are eligible for SSB interview for final selection. The tentative timings for SSB will be between Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr, each year .
- The UPSC is completely responsible for conducting the entrance exam and for providing the guidelines for selection from the entrance.
- The examination is out of 900 marks. Paper I maths 300 and and Paper II General Ability 600.
- In a nutshell, the complete slelection procedure of NDA includes written exam, SSB interview and then a medical test.
- The tentative timings for Date Commencement of Training at NDA are during January and July each year.
Duration Of Training
- 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at IMA(For Army cadets).
- 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets).
- 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For Air Force cadets).
We’ll be covering detailed eligibility criteria for joining NDA, Syllabus for NDA written exam and written exam pattern. Hang around..