After clearing SSB & medical examinations, shortlisted candidates will receive Joining instructions from Indian Navy recruitment cell. However, we’ll also cover highlights of the same joining instructions. Joining instructions of all the military academies are more or less same, the differences depend on the branch of armed forces opted for viz. army, navy or air force, location of training establishment and nature of training.
Joining Instructions For INA
1. Reception Cell: While going by the previous articles on the joining instructions of AFA, IMA & OTA, the travelling and reporting is almost same. Selected candidates need to report to the Payyanur Railway Station reception cell (in case you want to avail navy’s transport facility). You can also reach the training center via air or road. For that you need to arrange for yourself.
2. Initial Intimation: You are required to intimate your arrival particulars to Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, by fax/ telegram / speed post/ e-mail at the earliest. A reception cell would be set up at Payyanur Railway Station on the days mentioned on your call letter. A suitable transport would be provided to convey you from Payyanur railway station to the Academy.
3. Reimbursement: You are entitled to travel by train in Second Class Sleeper and are to travel at your own expense while joining the Indian Naval Academy. The amount expended on your journey to the Academy will be reimbursed on joining, after producing the journey ticket. The nearest railway station from the Academy, as covered above is Payyanur.
4. Clothing & Belongings: A list of personal clothing, initial uniforms required and miscellaneous clothing will be provided in the joining instructions which candidates will receive along with call letter. The various official documents required after reporting at INA like Declaration certificate, Own Risk certificate, Bonds etc will be needed along with the educational qualification certificates.
5. Financial Aid: The Government gives financial assistance upto Rs 400/- per month to those trainees whose parents/guardians have a monthly income below Rs 1500/-. This financial assistance will be available until the cadet is granted the rank of Midshipman. If you are eligible for this aid, you are to apply to Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) through the District Magistrate of your district.
6. Initial Deposit: You are required to bring a sum of 30000/- in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of any of the listed banks in joining instructions and that will be deposited in your account. In addition, a sum of Rs. 12000/- would be required for each subsequent semester to cater for recurring expenditure during training. Trainees are not permitted to be in possession of more than Rs 1000/- in cash to meet the casual expenses.
7. Resignation: Despite all encouragement and help, should you feel that you are unable to adapt to the service environment, you may resign from the navy on approval by the Commandant Indian Naval academy after paying the cost of training and allied charges as fixed by the Government of India from time to time.